Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Video Chatting via Google Hangouts

Today, my 4th grade students had the opportunity to connect with another classroom in Ecuador via Google Hangouts! They absolutely loved it....and so did I!

Both, Mr. Milton and I set up some clear guidelines as to what it would be like to chat with another classroom. We mentioned that it was very important that when someone was talking, no one should be talking over them. They were able to follow the instructions very well and chatted successfully! In spite of a minor technical glitch, we were able to allow our students to communicate and learn a little bit about what is going on in our classrooms.

Here are some of our pictures:


Want to chat with my students? You can contact me on Twitter @MsMarielaA
See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with video chatting! I can see that everyone enjoy this activity!

    I hope we can connect in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I can't wait to video chat with your class!

      Delete
    2. I just saw this! Yes, we have to coordinate!

      Delete
    3. I just saw this! Yes, we have to coordinate!

      Delete
  2. That's great Mariela! What did your students talk about? Would you be willing to connect with my class via Google Slides? We are investigating Indigenous people around the world and wondering if you can tell us about your country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students shared their experiences in 4th grade, especially because it was the second day of school for Milton's students. Sure! I haven't used Google Slides yet, but I am willing to familiarize myself with it and try it out! My kids would love to share their knowledge of the Incas with your kids!

      Delete